As enterprises move mission-critical workloads to the public cloud, the need for security has increased due to proximity to internet and entities outside of enterprise control as compared to on-prem data centers. Enterprises require increased level of security and deeper inspection of network traffic. Given that most of today’s network traffic is encrypted, native NGFWs are often challenged by double burden of decrypting SSL and then doing the inspection. If there are multiple appliances that need to do inspection, such as NGFW, IPS/IDS and other appliances, decrypting/encrypting multiple times becomes very expensive. Hence, for enterprise architectures with one or more inspection points, it is optimal to offload traffic decryption to a specialized appliance which can then securely send the traffic to one or multiple service chained appliances for firewalling and payload analysis.
Join us in this session to learn how customers like Atlanticus are solving these challenges and empowering their cloud and multi-cloud environment to provide visibility across the full security chain for any network topology, device, or application.
- Security inspections must be comprehensive and consistent across all applications throughout a multi-cloud deployment
- Achieving comprehensive coverage with security virtual appliances can require time-consuming, manual configuration of large numbers of VPC routing tables
- Most network traffic is encrypted; de-encrypting it for inspection requires a lot of computational power
- A comprehensive view across multi-cloud deployments helps ease management and configuration workloads, enables consistent security policy
- Aviatrix intelligent routing eliminates manual routing table changes
- Advanced F5 SSL Orchestrator decryption capabilities ensure that threats don’t hide within encrypted traffic
- High-performance, inter-VPC connectivity enables greater scalability for F5 SSL Orchestrator and other security elements
Senior Systems Engineer
Principal Solutions Architect
Host: Rod Stuhlmuller